L-K Log February 2019
Water boils at 212° F. Milk is safely pasteurized at 161° F. 98.6° F means the kids are going to school; 100° F means they’re staying home. An accurately calibrated hydrometer determines the success of a batch of craft beer. It’s also used in petroleum products to measure the standard API scale. Temperature, density, and gravity matter; calibration matters!
MWTX focuses on accreditation and conforming to relevant industry standards to ensure that customers have a high level of confidence in all calibrations performed. The ISO/IEC 17025 Calibration Laboratory is housed in the Houston manufacturing facility and offers calibration services for thermometers, hydrometers, centrifuge tubes, and centrifuges.
- Established traceability of measurement standards and measuring instruments to the International System of Units (SI) by means of an unbroken chain of calibrations linking them to relevant primary standards of the SI units of measurement.
- Application of procedures to estimate uncertainty of measurement for all calibrations performed and the assurance that calibration uncertainties are sufficiently small so that adequacy of measurement is not affected.
Scope of Accreditation for Miller-Weber of Texas Calibration Laboratory:
- Temperature:-80º C to 405º C
- Density: 0.6250 to 1.910 Relative Density (SG)
- Gravimetric Calibration: Up to 100 ml
- Rotational Speed: Up to 6,000 rpm
Calibration requests can be submitted via mail. Please print the calibration form and follow the instructions.
MWTX’s highly trained technical staff manufactures thermometers and performs instrument calibrations in-house. Each thermometer is hand-blown, individually engraved, etched and calibrated. Certification is available upon request, as are refill thermometers.
Contact your MWTX representative today at 713-926-2623!